Saturday 22 March 2014

The #1 factor that has allowed me to live car-free easily and pleasurably for 10 years

I think maybe Nancy R. will be able to identify with Zachary Shahan, who authored this article for Treehugger.com.  And, I think the rest of us will find it interesting as well.  To read the whole article, please click here.

Image Source:  Treehugger.com


Treehugger.com
March 21, 2014

It's hard to believe that I've lived car-free for nearly 10 years straight now. However, it's also hard to believe I ever thought owning a car was a good idea. I'm reminded of this any time I visit someplace where I need to rent a car. It's fun having one for a short time, but before long I realize how much worse the quality of life is when you have to drive everywhere.

However, I will be the first to admit that there is one key factor has allowed me to enjoy a car-free life for 10 years in 5 or 6 different cities. I won't give it away right yet ... but will first quickly run down how I got around in each of the 5 to 6 places I've lived in the past 10 years, in chronological order.

Zachary Shahan goes on to describe 6 different cities in which he's lived, and concludes with "the #1 factor".  There's no need to give a spoiler alert here, since you'll have to click the link to discover the main factor in his ability to live car-free.  And, if I remember right, Nancy R has spoken in much the same way about how it's possible for her to function car-free.

-Submitted by Gareth

No comments:

Post a Comment